What is CVS Community Development?
Council for Voluntary Services (CVS) community development workers facilitate community development through two main avenues:Firstly they seek to empower, and build capacity within organisations that already exist, or may be establishing, that have mobilised on a community issue important to them. They do this through supporting community groups, charities, trusts, social enterprises etc with a specific issue that may be hindering their effectiveness or ability to deliver community benefit.Secondly CVS Community Development Workers also help facilitate mobilisation of volunteers on specific community related issues to bring about change within the community delivered by the community.
How can Rushmoor Voluntary Services help you?
- Starting up a new community group or charity
- Good Practice Guidelines
- Good Governance
- Developing Constitutions, Terms of Reference, Memorandum of Association
- Roles and Responsibilities of Trustees
- Charities Commission, Companies House reporting
- Business planning
- Finance, Community Accountancy, Tendering and SORPs
- Access to resources
- HR and Employment Law
- Health and Safety
- Policies and Procedures, Fact sheets
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Funding and Fundraising Support Searching Funderfinder (chargeable to Non-Members)
- Bid Application Writing
- Sustainable Funding Strategies
- Development of a new funding project
- Training for voluntary and community groups.
RVS is a Membership Organisation
Membership is free to any voluntary or community group working to the benefit of people in Rushmoor.
If you would like to become a member of RVS, download Our Membership Form
or Our Affiliate Membership form
What is Community Work?
Community work, on the other hand, is often used as a general term and refers to initiatives or activities that are delivered at a local level that may not actively involve members of the community as participants but merely as users of services.
For more information, help or support, please contact: Sue Hathaway, Community Development Officer: