Funding Information and Sources for Voluntary Groups
The information on this page covers the following:
- Grant Programmes managed by Rushmoor Voluntary Services
- Rushmoor Borough Council Community Grants
- Broadhurst Small Grants
- The Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Foundation (HIWCF)
- Hampshire County Council Grants
- National Funders (Big Lottery, SITA)
Advice at RVS
Rushmoor Voluntary Services can advise you on completing your funding applications (and advise you when you are doing any work needed on your group’s policies). We look forward to hearing from you.
Grant Programmes managed by Rushmoor Voluntary Services
Rushmoor Voluntary Services manage three grant programmes where small grants are available to organisations working in the Rushmoor area. The Trustees meet quarterly to consider applications. Details of the programmes are as follows:
- The Army Catering Corps in Rushmoor – grants are available to support charitable purposes in the borough of Rushmoor. Recent grants have included: £100 to purchase a table tennis table for a group working with young people, £500 to enable a holiday dance and drama club for children and young people and £200 to provide refreshments and activities for an older people’s social group.
- The Mrs Phillips Will Fund – grants are available to promote charitable purposes for the benefit of the community in the areas of Hart and Rushmoor, in particular the relief of poverty, distress and sickness. Recent grants have included: £300 to a group to develop a cookery and healthy living course, £500 to providing support to homeless young people and £500 to run a basic life skills course for young people.
- Carers Respite Grants – grants are available to provide respite for carers. Grants are only made to individuals. Recent grants have included: £500 to enable carers and children to visit London Zoo, £200 to enable disabled children to attend holiday activities, £300 to enable a family to have specific days out during the summer holidays and £150 for an autistic child to attend a play scheme.
Applications are invited in writing. Please outline what you would like the money for, how much you need and who will benefit. One of our aims is to ensure that as many people as possible benefit from our grants. Please send your application, by letter, to: Chief Executive, Rushmoor Voluntary Services, The Community Centre, Meudon Avenue, Farnborough. GU14 7LE
Rushmoor Borough Council Community Grants
Visit Rushmoor Borough Council’s website, Community Grants page which has details of a range of grants available to “voluntary, charitable, sports, arts and youth-related groups and clubs” in the Rushmoor area, plus the “Uniting Communities” grant fund.
There are also links to additional resources and community development contact details.
Broadhurst Small Grants
Broadhurst Welcome Home Community Ltd is a local charity which exists to provide help and support to those with serious mental illness in Rushmoor and the surrounding area. The purpose of Small Grants is that each award should benefit mental health either by aiding recovery (e.g. through improving housing, educational or working opportunities), or preventing deterioration (e.g. through relief of financial stress).
Visit Broadhurst’s Small Grants web page for details of the scale of grants, who may apply, the geographic limits of grants and an on-page application form.
Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Foundation (HIWCF)
The Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Foundation (HIWCF) is an independent charitable foundation set-up in 2002 by local people to connect donors with the local causes and charities that they care about in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. They are part of a national network of 57 Community Foundations across the UK:
1 page HIWCF summary (PDF)
Hampshire County Council Grants
Hampshire County Council’s grant web pages have a wide range of funding opportunities available to the voluntary sector:
- Adult Services grants
- County Councillor grants
- Economy, Transport and Environment grants
- Public Health grants
- Children’s Services grants
- Culture, Communities and Business Services grants
- Policy and Resources grants
The Big Lottery Fund
The Big Lottery Fund have grants available in our area. To help decide which are the most applicable fund or funds for your organisation download the National Lottery Guide
Visit the Big Lottery Fund website for full details of their grant programmes, grant-finding tools and other information.
The Suez Communities Trust (Formaly the SITA Trust)
The Suez Communities Trust has various Community Grant programmes available in our area. Visit their website for details of their grant programmes.