Trustee Guidance Information
Information and Resources for Trustees
RVS will try and help you recruite new Trustees.
There is also another organisation who may be able to help you.
Reach is the leading skills-based volunteering charity in the UK and the single biggest source of trustees for the voluntary sector in the UK.
From the Charity Commission
Latest Reports from the Charities Commission (November 2017)
From Haines Watts Accountants, Farnborough
Trustee Facts and Figures (November 2017)
- There are approximately 196,000 charities in the UK (167,000 charities in England and Wales, 24,000 in Scotland, 5,000 registered in Northern Ireland).
- And just over 1 million trustees (of which some 850,000 are in England and Wales, 180,000 in Scotland and 30,000 in Northern Ireland)
- From NCVO and CCNI research, we know just under half the UK’s trustees are women
- The average trustee in England and Wales is 59 years old, and 55 in Northern Ireland.
- There are many young trustees too with some 86,000 trustee positions held by 16-34 year olds (of which 2,611 in Northern Ireland).