Employment Vacancies at Rushmoor Voluntary Services 2021
Rushmoor Voluntary Services’ (RVS) key role is to champion volunteering and to support voluntary or community groups operating in Rushmoor.
In addition we provide and run Dial Ride services for the residents of Rushmoor and Fleet.
We are currently recruiting for Minibus Drivers for these services
About the Dial-a-ride/Fleet Link/Group Hire service:
RVS provide two contracted bus services. Dial-a-ride operates in the Rushmoor district and Fleet Link in certain areas of Hart. We also have a small fleet of minibuses hired by external organisations to provide contracted transport for lunch clubs etc.
These services are for safely transporting elderly and disabled passengers and also those without access to public transport. Trips are primarily shopping/social/GP appointments.
To drive accessible minibuses in order to pick up/return home passengers within the contracted geographical areas and by arrangement for lunch clubs etc. Some passengers using the transport may require assistance eg. Securing wheelchairs and storing mobility aids safely.
You will need to:
- Follow the route set and try to ensure that where possible, times for passenger pick up and drop off are adhered to.
- Routine safety checks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and feedback any concerns to the Client Services Officer.
- Secure passengers in wheelchairs securely. This requires the need to bend and kneel in a confined space.
- Ensure that wheelchairs, shopping bags and trolleys are safely secured.
- Manage a small amount of cash and recording of cash collection.
- Regular cleaning of touch points and daily dispersal of the fogging canister. Cleaning/washing of the vehicles as and when necessary.
- Ensure compliance with the Drivers Code of Conduct which will be supplied.
- Use email and messaging systems to receive information, schedules and updates.
- Additional ad-hoc tasks commensurate with the role during any quiet times/ gaps in the schedule which will be advised.
A D1 on your driving licence is essential. Potential drivers should disclose any unspent convictions on their licence so that we can confirm your suitability with our insurers.
You should always put the needs and comfort of your passengers first and this should be reflected in your driving style.
Ideally, you will have experience of working in a similar role whether in a driving capacity or working with older and/or vulnerable people.
You will need to be understanding and supportive to residents and their carers who may have dementia and/or other age-related conditions and sensory impairment.
You should be a willing and flexible team member.
An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Services) check will be undertaken.
You will be required to undertake training:
- Accessible Midas
- Covid awareness
- Health and Safety/Moving & Handling
- Basic First Aid
Place of work: The base for the transport services is:
(You will need to pick the bus up at the start of the day and return it at the end of your shift. Time is allowed for safety checks and cleaning)
Hourly Rate: £9.39* per hour, paid into your bank account monthly in arrears.
Hours: Hours may vary dependent on the role/district advertised which will be discussed and agreed with you.
You should be willing to cover holidays and absence for the other drivers across both districts.
Annual Leave: 20 days paid leave per year, rising to 25 after five years’ service, pro-rata.
Please contact 01252-398455 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Suitable applicants will be invited for an interview and we will undertake references from previous employers.